All About The Miss Teen Competition
The Three Parts Of The Miss Teen Competition
1. Personal Interviews With The Judges
Personal Interviews With The Judges is the first and by far the most important part of competition. In this phase, teen pageant contestants spends 3-5 minutes with each judge on the panel of judges. Each miss teen pageant contestant has the opportunity to speak personally with each judge and share their unique personalities.
2. Casual Wear Competition
The second part of the Miss Teen competition is the Casual Wear Competition. Each contestant will choose an outfit that they feel comfortable in. The outfits can include any attire worn to a casual event and may even represent attire that is used when participating in a particular sporting event. The thing to remember is to wear something you feel comfortable in and represents your own personal style.
3. Formal Wear Competition
The third part of the Miss Teen competition is the Formal Wear Competition. Each contestant will present herself in an evening gown of her choosing. The Jr. Teen & Teen pageant contestants usually wear a gown that they may have worn to homecoming or prom. The Junior Pre-teen (Ages 7-9), Pre-teen (Ages 10-12), Junior Teen (Ages 13-15) and Teen (Ages 16-20) contestants may wear a full-length gown or even a party dress. During the Formal Wear Competition, each teen pageant contestant will complete a modeling routine that they have learned previously at rehearsal and training class. The Emcee will also present each contestant center stage and ask each their division’s main question that was presented to them earlier that day at rehearsal. Once again, the contestants will have the opportunity to express their unique personality on stage.
Keep in mind that no past experience is necessary and training will be provided. Personal self-enhancement and modeling will be the focus of the contestant’s Training Classes and Rehearsal.
Here are a few things to know about the Miss Teen competitions:
- Miss Teen is a scholarship pageant: $30,000 in cash scholarships were awarded at the last years National Pageant Competition.
- Over 200 young ladies from all over the country received an expense-paid trip to Orlando, Florida, worth over $1000, to compete in last year’s National Competition.
- Each preliminary participant’s journey begins with an invitation to attend an Information Session and Preliminary Interview which will determine each young lady’s eligibility for the current pageant production.
- There is no swimsuit competition in this pageant program.
- Judging is based upon each contestant’s participation in the following categories: Personal Interview, Casual Wear Modeling, and Formal Wear Modeling/On-Stage Question. Judging criteria is based upon each participants ability to present poise, confidence, and a pleasant general atmosphere while performing.
- Never done a pageant before? No problem. All “accepted” contestants will attend a Training Class conducted by an experienced entertainment specialist which will prepare them for the pageant.
- Every young lady is encouraged to feel like a winner, no matter the outcome!
Whether you’re entering the pageant to meet new friends, gain more self-confidence, or enjoy a memorable experience, the Miss Teen competition allows young women to grow in many different ways and appreciate the beautiful things on the inside of each of them. Best of luck to you and let your journey begin!